For the most part, people are good. They post honest ads, use Good language, and try not to waste your time. But occasionally, there are a few rotten apples who could spoil the barrel. We won’t let them. We are 100% dedicated to a site that’s safe, local, and free of spam. We wish we didn’t need pages of policies to show you how serious we are about this, but your family’s safety and enjoyment of buysell.gm are worth it.
Here are some general rules to follow when posting and replying to an ad:
1. You are responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws of The Gambia relating to items or services that you list, buy or sell on our site.
2. Ads that are on our prohibited items list are not permitted.
3. Ads or replies that contain any text that violates the spirit of buysell.gm, contains inappropriate or discriminatory language in ads, and/or “hate speech” directed at individuals, or groups, is threatening or abusive, infringes on another user’s privacy, or could disturb, harm, or offend our users, may be rejected.
4. It is prohibited to post a duplicate or similar ad for the same item or service.
5. Ads that are intentionally misleading, deceptive, deceitful, misinformative, are not permitted.
6. You can only post one ad for an item, service, job, housing unit, in the area that the item, service, job, housing unit, is actually located.
7. It is prohibited to use multiple accounts to post.
8. It is prohibited to post pornography, nudity, or other related material that is obscene or adult in nature.
9. It is prohibited to post ads relating to personals, dating or adult themed events or services, missed connections, or adult services.
10. It is prohibited to infringe upon the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, infringing upon intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark.
11. It is prohibited to post ads that serve no other purpose than to send traffic to another web site. Ads must describe a specific item or service in order to be allowed on the site. If you include HTML code in your ad it will not work and your ad could be removed.
12. Use of content and/or functionality of buysell.gm to send unsolicited emails, or make unsolicited contact of any kind with its users is strictly prohibited.
13. We reserve the right to recategorize any ads posted on our site.
14. Rules may change periodically to reflect buysell.gm’s ongoing commitment to providing the safest and best user experience possible, as well as comply with the laws of The Gambia. We reserve the right to enforce these rules at our discretion and change these rules at any time. Buysell.gm reserves the right to remove any ad at any time at our discretion. By posting an ad on the site you understand and have agreed to these rules.
If your ad breaches buysell.gm Posting Rules, our Terms and Conditions or is against the spirit of our site then we will remove your ad.
In most cases when we remove an ad we will send an email explaining why. Make sure you don’t miss out on emails from us by checking your junk-mail folder.
If you have received an email from us, but you are still unsure about why your ad was removed, take a look at our posting rules. If you still have questions contact our Customer Support team they will be happy to help.
If you haven’t received an email from us then it may be that your ad has not been removed but is difficult to find or has been temporarily suspended.
Temporarily suspended ads
Ads that are brought to our attention as potentially suspicious are temporarily removed from the site while we check them. As long as we find that the ad hasn’t broken any of the posting rules or the terms and conditions it should be back up again shortly.
Check after a couple of hours to see if this is the case for your ad.
Still can’t find your ad?
If you can’t find your ad on the site then first log in to your buysell.gm account:
Go to the homepage, click on Login at the top right hand section of your screen
Enter your email address and your password into the relevant sections
In your buysell.gm account you will see the status of your ad
If this search doesn’t locate your ad, then you have been unsuccessful in posting your ad. Please follow our guide to posting a buysell.gm ad.
If you can see that your ad is live, search on our site to find it easily:
Go to the homepage
Enter your 16-digit ad reference number into the search box. This can be found in the confirmation email sent to when you posted your ad.
Reasons why your ad may not yet be live
• Your ad is still being processed
If you recently posted or edited your ad it can take up to 4 hours for an ad to go through the system and appear online. Give it a few hours just in case there is a delay in the system. When you ad goes live the status will show as ‘Live’.
• Your ad has expired
If you posted your ad some time ago, your ad may have expired. Learn more about ad expiration.
Ads have different expiry dates according to the category and location they are posted in. In general, ads will expire after 90 days.
If you don’t want your ad on the site for as long as the duration period then you can easily delete your ad.
NO! You do not have to register to browse and reply to an Ad, but you have to register to post an Ad on our site.
Simply post an ad using the Post Ad button (top right of each page). Enter your email address and Follow the steps to place your ad in the correct category and location.
When completing the post ad form, enter correct details in the required section. This will ensure your registration email is sent. Your ad will not go live unless your registration is completed.
If you change your email address in the future you will need to set up a new account. Your email is your unique login so can not be changed in the future.
The list below details a partial list of what cannot be posted on buysell.gm. We reserve the right to remove an ad at our discretion, and to alter this list at any time:
Ads asking for donations unless from a registered charity
Ads that are adult in nature (including, but not limited to: adult toys, adult magazines, adult services, escort services, adult massages, adult job postings, dating websites, and personal ads)
Animals/pets that are prohibited in The Gambia
Animals traps that could be deemed inhumane
Blood, Bodily Fluids and Body Parts
Coupons or gift cards that restrict transfer, and coupons or gift cards which you are not authorized to sell
Electronic Surveillance Equipment designed or used primarily to illegally intercept/record the private actions or interactions of others without their knowledge or permission
Endangered or protected species, or any part of any endangered or protected species (including bone/ivory, shell, pelts, etc)
Expired food/products (expiration date must be clearly stated, unless product is homemade)
Firearms of any type
Fireworks, Destructive Devices and Explosives
Gift cards of any kind
Government and Transit Badges, Uniforms, IDs, Documents and Licenses
Hazardous Materials including but not limited to radioactive, toxic and explosive materials
Identity Documents, Personal Financial Records & Personal Information
Illegal Drugs, controlled substances, substances and items used to manufacture controlled substances and drugs, & drug paraphernalia
Illegal telecommunication and electronics equipment such as access cards, password swiffers, any type of jamming device, traffic signal control devices, satellite/cable descrambler, or any device prohibited in The Gambia
Items issued to The Gambian Armed Forces,Gambian police force or any Gambian Law enforcement agency.
Items marketed inappropriately with an intolerant regard toward religion, race, or ethnic background
Items that restrict transfer (such as tickets or coupons) and items you are not authorized to sell
Items which encourage or facilitate illegal activity
Lottery Tickets and Slot Machines that requires money to operate
Massage Services – ads that include any of the following are not permitted on buysell.gm: gender, age, ethnicity, physical description, sexual orientation, offer of massage only to a specific gender, or inappropriate photos. Anything more than a legitimate massage service is not permitted. If your ad is unclear as to the legitimacy of service(s) you offer, we reserve the right to remove at our discretion.
Material, artwork, and/or photographs that are obscene, contain nudity (partial or full), pornographic, adult in nature, or harmful to minors
Material that infringes copyright, including but not limited to software or other digital goods which you are not authorized to sell
Mobile phones being offered for sale that was stolen, or offering a service to unlock a stolen mobile
Nonprescription drugs, drugs that make false or misleading treatment claims, or treatment claims that require the Ministry of health of The Gambia’s approval
Pesticides or hazardous materials
Pictures or images that contain nudity
Plants and insects that are restricted or regulated by The Gambia Government
Prescription Drugs and Devices
Products being sold by representatives of companies that violate Gambian jobs/services policies
Prostitution or ads that offer sex, sexual favors or sexual actions in exchange for anything
Tobacco and Related Products (including, but not limited to: nicotine patches, nicotine gum, e-cigarettes, etc)
Weapons and related items (including, but not limited to firearms, magazines and all parts and accessories, ammunition, BB and pellet guns, tear gas, tasers, stun guns, knives, swords, archery bows, and martial arts weapons)